Interchangeable Steel Type Sets provide the perfect answer for low to medium volume marking. Uses include marking part numbers, date codes, serial numbers, batch codes and more. Simply assemble a series of characters in the holder and, with just one strike, produce a multi-character mark quickly with uniform legibility. Precision ground type featuring SHARP FACED CHARACTERS create high quality marks with consistent depth. Each piece is hardened to precise limits and nickel plated to give optimum life. Each set is supplied with 100+ alpha/numeric/punctuation characters plus spacers and a compartmentalized storage container. Sets and available with or without hand type holders and come in a variety of character heights; 040″, 1/16″, 5/64″, 3/32″, 1/8″, 5/32″, 3/16″, 1/4″, 3/8″, 1.0mm, 1.5mm, 2.0mm, 2.5mm, 3.0mm, 4.0mm, 5.0mm, 6.0mm, 10.0mm. Optional accessories include machine type holders and shanks to optimize use of product with a variety of presses where increased volume of marking and improved consistancy is required. Both manual & pneumatically operated presses are available where high volume marking and precise marking depth are required.
- Pryor’s IMPERIAL SERIES type is most commonly used in the USA
- If you are matching existing sets, check blank dimenstions to make sure these are the same as what you already own (see dimension image)
- High precision interchangeable letter & number sets produce an indented multi-character mark quickly with uniform depth & legibility
- This set features SHARP FACED characters hardened to RC58-61; most commpnly used for standard marking requirements of materials up to RC47
- Provides an ideal answer for low to medium volume of part numbers, date codes and serial number marking
- 100+ piece set includes a total of 100 characters (letters, numbers, punctuation) plus spacers and compartmentalized storage container
- Sets available either with or without hand held type holder
- Optional machine type holders & shanks available for use with a variety of presses
- Precision ground blanks and clear character style to give quality marks of consistent depth
- Each blank is hardened to precise limits and nickel plated for optimal life
Note: 6.00 & 10.00 mm units packed in wooden box.
.04" – 1.00 mm, 1/16" – 1.50 mm, 5/64" – 2.00 mm, 3/32" – 2.50 mm, 1/8" – 3.00 mm, 5/32" – 4.00 mm, 3/16" – 5.00 mm, 1/4" – 6.00 mm, 3/8" – 10.00 mm